Saturday, September 12, 2009

Turning Japanese


Living a bum's life can cook up ginormous amounts on your imagination on what to do next. I've been itching on where to go, what to do, who to meet, where to chill. It drives me nuts! Idle is really not me despite the fact I love lazing around. So I went back to my drawing board on why I came home in the first place and started getting my act together. I prepared all my requirements for the TESDA. I want to take up Japanese lessons so I have to get everything done ASAP or else I'm not gonna have a slot. TESDA admits only 25 students for the language program. And to get a head start I've been busy listening to my Ipod with the English - Japanese translations. I discovered that you can buy foreign language CDs in National Bookstore. Just check the nearest National Bookstore outlet near you. The CDs come with an insert. But you may also buy other materials there too from  Japanese dictionaries and translation books that cost P165 and above. There are instructional materials too for French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German. 

And hey, when you learn something new you delay the degeneration of your brain cells. Let's show our brain cells some love and learn a new language! Sayoonara

4 comments:

  1. Japanese... ugh.. hard for me... hehehe..Im sticking with French... hehehe :) Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. medjo mahirap nga. good thing with french kasi the letters are still roman. but it's ok. the lessons are free after all. hehe. major kuripot ang lola. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i studied nihonggo back in college!i learned to read and write in hiragana and katakana..it wasn't that hard..the hard part was formulating the sentences.i've forgotten all about it now.the extent of my nihonggo is now limited to dozu yoroshku onegaishimasu and konichiwa..hehe.good luck! :) might try learning it again too.tell me how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete