Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bleed for Beauty


I had three tooth extracted yesterday. I need them out to make room for my teeth to form. I have been  whining about my braces for the last three days but then when I had my impacted wisdom tooth removed my perception with my braces changed. It didn't hurt, honest! But I bled like crazy. I had always been a healer and I was never scared of any tooth extraction until yesterday. Since I had multiple shots of anesthesia I didn't feel a thing even if my dentist has sliced my gums, got the tooth - which grew horizontally inside my gums, sew the gums together again. The left side of my face was numb, tongue included. I wasn't aware that my gums bled that bad at first because the gauze was there to hold it in. But when I changed the gauze with a cotton that's when the bursting of blood began. It was just horrible. I had blood dripping all over me. the site wasn't very pretty. I was nauseous due to my panic and the smell of my own. Ugh. That was the worst. Good thing my family assisted. My aunt placed a tea bag on top of the freshly sutured wound and made me bite a huge cotton to put in pressure on the wound for the bleeding to stop. Hey... Why didn't I think of that? I guess when you're panicking already you forget the dentist's orders. And we called the dentist too. She made me take Hemostan which I have to take every 6 hours to stop the bleeding. And thank god it did. I'm doing well now. (Whew!)

Despite the odds I faced yesterday I know that I have to go through this. I have to do this to reach my dreams. Airlines don't hire anyone with crooked teeth. So be it. 

5 comments:

  1. I meant THREE TEETH
    (erratum on my first sentence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope everything heals nicely :)
    OOh seeing blood makes me dizzy and reading your story made me picture your situation. hayyy, made me weak. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi FWB! yes.. anything to get the FA position. hehehe

    how's your prep going na?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! that's the spirit!! remember, No Pain, No Gain! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete