Friday, August 28, 2009

Taking a Leap


As I submitted my resignation, people did what they normally would do in situations like mine: they asked me why I'm resigning, what are my plans after, convinced me to stay, gave me talks about life -yada yada. The best "yada" I had was from my primary school buddies. Four Ilonggas meeting in Makati. We don't see each other when we're here in Iloilo but we had the opportunity to meet up when we were in Makati. As we talked over the uber delicious cupcakes in Cupcakes by Sonja, Global City, Taguig, my Elementary bestfriend told me that "it's about time to make the right choices. We only have one life to live. So why not follow our dreams?"


As we were eating our cupcakes away she told me about Tin's story. She's already a registered nurse but she failed to get in Iloilo's top hospitals. Though she was strongly discouraged she went to Manila for hopes that she can get her dream job as a nurse there. And yes, she did. She's now practicing in St. Luke Medical Center. Anne, my bestfriend, continued her "yada" saying "if you're meant for something big why deny yourself of that?"


That was June 27, 2009. As of the moment I am unemployed but I'm hopeful. I'm doing everything I can to get my dreams. That also meant getting braces (and removing my impacted wisdom tooth -- ouch!) and learning another language (which im about to do tomorrow, hehe). It's costly but then again we have to make investments because dreams don't occur overnight unless it's the lottery.


It's a leap of faith for me. I'm not even certain if I get hired by any airline soon but if it's meant to be then it is.


All my thanks to my buddies Anne, Christine and Yvette. And Kat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment